Wednesday, March 11, 2009

BzzAgent Report - Chili's Guiltless Grill Entrees

My friend got me interested in this great word-of-mouth marketing program called BzzAgent. I get to try out great new products and then tell my friends about it. I'm pretty quick to give my opinion on things, so this was the thing for me!

As a BzzAgent, I was given the opportunity to try out Chili's new Guiltless Grill entrees. These are Chili's 6 new menu items that have less than 750 calories, 25 grams of fat and 8 grams of saturated fat.

Our family went out for a multi-birthday celebration and I used my free entree coupon to get the Guiltless Cedar Plank Tilapia. It was a perfect portion size of fish and came with a side of broccoli seasoned with carrot curls and parmesan cheese. Unfortunately, my fish was cold, but I think this was a restaurant-specific problem rather than a problem with the entree itself. The fish came garnished with pico de gallo which added some great flavor. The broccoli was steamed just right and retained some good crunchiness.

Overall, it was a great entree for those wishing to watch what they eat. It was a healthy meal, but not very filling. If it had been all I'd had that meal, I would have been hungry afterwards. The four of us split an order of chips and salsa preceding the meal and ended the meal with a dessert split 3 ways. After all that, I was just barely full (those that know me can attest that I don't typically pack away a bunch of food in a single sitting). I guess the chips and dessert negated the benefit of that "less than 750 calorie and 25g of fat" meal!

Perhaps they could increase the size of the veggie side. Another option would be to add a side salad with a light dressing. This would increase the volume of the meal without adding too many more calories or fat. As far as the price, I would consider it too high for the amount of food I received.

I would give the entree a 9 of 10 for taste (assuming it would be hot the next time), a 7 of 10 for portion size (needs more veggies), and a 6 of 10 for price. I would certainly order off the Guiltless Grill menu again but would opt for a less expensive item.

1 comment:

Ariana said...

Arrg! You went pink on us! I was not expecting that! How's FL?